Please send your answers to the 15 Cartmel Christmas Quiz questions, below, to email@example.com or post them to the racecourse office to arrive no later than Monday 6th January.
The first correct entry drawn from our hat will win a VIP lunch for two people at Cartmel races in 2014. The first two losing entries (any score – even zero!) will win a pair of Paddock Enclosure badges to any Cartmel meeting in 2014. Good luck!
1) What was Gay Future's coat covered with, before he won at Cartmel in 1974?
A) Shaving foam B) Soap Suds C) Carlsberg
2) How old was Cregmore Boy when he became the oldest horse to win at Cartmel in 1957?
3) The first running of the £27,000 Cumbria Crystal Trophy in 2012 was won by:A) Soul Magic B) Front Rank C) What A Steel
4) Which was the last horse to win at Cartmel and run in the Cheltenham Gold Cup?A) Soul Magic B) Kauto Star C) Knockara Beau
5) How many winners did Tony McCoy ride at Cartmel during 2013?
A) 1 B) 4 C) 7
6) How many losers did Tony McCoy ride at Cartmel furing 2013?A) 1 B) 4 C) 7
7) How many career wins at Cartmel does Soul Magic currently have to his name?A) 6 B) 7 C) 8
8) In 1865 Oulton Boy entered the record books by winning three races in the same:A) Day B) Week C) Season
9) Which Cartmel winner went on to win the Triumph Hurdle at Cheltenham later the same season?A) Zarkander B) Countrywide Flame C) Soul Magic
10) Which horse, pulled up in a maiden hurdle at Cartmel in 2004 won a Group 1 sprint at Royal Ascot in 2006?A) Soul Magic B) Gay Future C) Les Arcs
11) The average prize fund at Cartmel in 1900 was:A) £3.47 B) £34.71 C) £347.10
12) Before the implementation of strict safety factors, what was the biggest field to contest a race at Cartmel?A) 20 B) 30 C) 40
13) Which film featuring Pierce Brosnan was filmed at Cartmel Racecourse?A) Mamma Mia! B) Murphy’s Stroke C) Die Another Day
14) Which out of the following jockeys rode the most winners at Cartmel in 2013?A) Lucy Alexander B) Tony McCoy C) Jason Maguire
15) What’s going to win the Long Walk Hurdle at Ascot this weekend?A) At Fishers Cross B) At Fishers Cross C) At Fishers Cross
By the way, in case you hadn’t guessed, this week’s selection is in the 2.25 at Ascot on Saturday: At Fishers Cross.
Good luck and don't forget - entries in by 6th January.